Subject Matter Experts:
As an organization, courts can be exposed to risks and harms. The health and safety of employees and the disruption to the administration of justice can be threatened by a number of internal and external factors. This course will allow you to identify and assess these risks and be better prepared to address these and avoid or reduce their impacts and harm.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate potential areas of risk to court personnel
- Develop and implement policies to prevent or mitigate those risks
- Develop an understanding of the risk cycle from assessing risks, developing programs to address their impacts and then monitor and make adjustments to those systems
- Develop an understanding of a well-planned and documented Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- Have an understanding of policies and relevant forms necessary to effectively respond to risk issues